Sunday, April 26, 2015

It is important to have a support group when quitting smoking

Thesis Statement:  It is important to have a support group when quitting smoking to help keep you on track.
            1st point:  Bosses’ kids brought me candy to eat instead of smoking.
Not letting a little kid down
Sucking on hard candy took the place of sucking on a cigarette.
I was getting pressure from my boss to succeed in my goal to quit smoking. 
            2nd point:  Talking to my coworker Michael about addictions.
Was able to relate to what I had set out to do because he to had struggled with quiting smoking and other addictions.
Took a walk to show me how he copes when he is craving a cigarette.
Talking about what sets off your cravings.
            3rd point:  Telling my family I was trying to quit smoking.
I didn’t want my wife to know in case I could not quite she might think I was not strong enough.
Had two small children at home and wanting them to grow up without the worries of the possibility that their father would die of cancer.

My grandmother has lung problems do to smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment