Sunday, April 26, 2015

Working for a company that has filed for a chapter 11 bankruptcy

Thesis Statement:  Working for a company that has filed for a chapter 11 bankruptcy was one of the most stressful things I have done.
1st point:  I had to call my customer and tell them that they will be getting a letter in the mail that we have filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protections. 
How would I phrase it?          
How would the customer react?
                        What am I going to say if they want out of their contract?
2nd Point:  Telling my customer that our accounts have been frozen and the vendor will not release the materials for his job.
            Vendor would not allow my customer to pay them directly for the materials
            Vendor would not accept a check written jointly from customer to us and them.
My customers customers’ business was scheduled to have their grand opening on     Monday today is Friday and I don’t have their carpet to install.
3rd point:  I found my assistant that afternoon sitting in his cubical crying, he had cracked under pressure.
He had to call on every single order to be sure it was on order and was being shipped.
We where days behind on installing jobs and getting product shipped to keep upcoming jobs running on time.

He was being bombarded with call from the onsite formans wanting answers to why we were not out their installing.

No comments:

Post a Comment